5. Custom experience. Your individual experience at a tailor shop is just as unique as the garment itself. The appointment should be relaxed and stress-free, with everything at your fingertips: fabric swatches, design examples, full-length mirrors and an expert tailor to guide you through the process.
4. Tradition of excellence. A great tailor should have a long-standing reputation of quality and craftsmanship, with a rich history in custom tailoring. Creating a hand-made custom suit requires a great deal of skill and client service that spans generations.
3. Awards and recognition. An excellent review from a publication or online review from a current client is one of the best testaments to a tailor shop’s expertise.
2. Outstanding client relationships. A custom tailor must understand your personal and professional goals, and then help you craft your style to achieve them. The best-dressed men in the world (e.g. Cary Grant, Sean Connery and George Clooney) always had a tailor close by who kept them looking sharp.
1. The finest quality. Nothing else matters unless you walk away wearing your new favorite suit. The best part about going custom is knowing that every detail of your wardrobe is perfectly hand-tailored—from the lining pattern to the thread color—for you and you alone.